Tying to find training time for me is difficult. According to the training plans, Tuesdays are usually pedaling drills that I can do on a spin bike, or on a trainer. Luckily we belong to a gym with daycare so that's how Tuesday happens. I will ride during my "lunch break" at work on Thursdays. Then I think I'm going to have to pay a babysitter to get in a ride on the weekends as Jeremy works the next few.
But I'm doing it. I officially paid my money and registered for Battle the Bear (4/1 is the last day for early registration if you are interested). No refunds. Either I do it or I'm out the $50. This brings me to my point. The Appetizer (20 miles) starts at 1:30pm. Jeremy has decided to do the Endurance (50 miles). His race starts at 8am. There's also a kids' race at 12pm that I'm sure both girls would love to do. They both lost training wheels last year. And to top it all off the 7 year old has a soccer game at 9am and I have to bring snacks for the team, I forgot to respond to the email in a timely manner and that was the last day open.
So our day is going to looks something like this:
- 6:00: Husband up, getting ready to race, ride to park (it's close enough you don't have to drive).
- 7:30: Kids up, fed, get ready for soccer, make sure to remember snacks.
- 8:30: Get to soccer field
- 10:00: Go home, get myself ready to race, load the kids' bikes, my bike, etc and drive to park, pay the $5 /car entry fee but I don't think we could all ride down and bring everything we need. The bike trailer for the boy won't fit on my mountain bike anyway.
- 12:00: Kids race, Jeremy may be done by now, but probably not. The top non-pro finisher last year finished in 3:51 (it was actually Jeremy's team captain, Nathan Collier, pretty cool Results).
- 13:30: Jeremy better be done by now so he can take the kids as it's my turn to race.
- 16:00: If I'm not done in 2.5 hours I'm going to be pretty disappointed. That's 8mph.
Should be interesting. Hrm, I should remember to feed the children at some point too.